Tuesday 28 April 2020

APRIL 2020: URw ASCENSION STORM

28 APRIL 2020
Untap.in

8-Whack 1-1
UWr Thopter Combo L
Ponza L


Notes:
I took out all the singleton cards in my main and reinstated Opt. I also did tweaked my sideboard. I took out half of them and replaced them white, red, and black cards: Rest for the Weary, Wear/Tear, Stony Silence, and Surgical Extractions.

8-WHACK GOBLIN
Game one: I got run over pretty fast. I like how he ended our game one: sac Mogg Fanatic dealing one to me. What a classic!  

Game two: Rest for the Weary with landfall really keep my team afloat until I was able to sculpt my hand into perfection. The game (the combo-ing) actually was so long because my Grapeshots were the last cards in my library. So I really have to do a lot of digging. 

No game three because he needed to attended to a personal errand. 

UWr THOPTER COMBO
Game one: Whir fetching main deck graveyard hate, multiple times. Can't beat that.

Game two: Stony Silence did its job. Goblin Electromancer and Baral beat down. I forgot to copy one of my spells in the late part.

Game three: I had a good opening hand. But his graveyard hates came down early as well. After exiling my graveyard twice, I started to ran out of gas. He had an aggressive approach for this game. He took the muscle route (Urza calling two 4/4 and the 4/4 companion) instead of the Thopter combo route.

PONZA
Game one: He had a turn two Trinisphere. I won the game after like six turns with the help of two online Ascensions. 

Game two: He had another early Trinisphere. Then it rained land destroyer spells again.

Game three: I had a second 16 goblins only to get Anger of the Gods in his turn. From there, Stone Raining never stopped. GG.

This is all for now. I'll give the deck another adjustment. 

Paeng_4983






No comments:

Post a Comment