Monday 20 April 2020

APRIL 2020: MONO BLUE MERFOLK

MONO BLUE MERFOLK

Main deck 
13 Island
4 Mutavault
1 Castle Vantress
1 Oboro Palace in the Clouds

4 Aether Vial
4 Spreading Seas
2 Spell Pierce
1 Wipe Away

1 Kira, the Great Glass-Spinner
1 Thassa, God of the Sea
4 Benthic Biomancer
4 Silvergill Adept
4 Merfolk Trickster
4 Harbinger of the Tides
4 Lord of Atlantis
4 Master of the Pearl Trident
4 Merrow Reejerey

Sideboard
4 Relic of Progenitus
3 Deprive
3 Ceremonious Rejection
2 Force of Negation
2 Dismember
1 Wipe Away

19 APRIL 2020
Untap in

Boros Burn L
UW Control W
8-Moon L
Soul Sister W
Esper Control W
BG Control L
Mono Blue Weird deck L


Notes:


BOROS BURN

Game three: He got the rhythm the moment he destroyed my vial at his turn two using Smash to Smithereens.

UW CONTROL 
Game one was fast. Spell Pierces were there to stop his Cryptic Commands.

Game two: Since his deck is like that of the typically control before the era of snow blades, this type of  UW Control deck relies on its graveyard. So I brought Relic of Progenituses in. Thus denying him of snap targets and Mystic Snactuary soft lock in case we goes long game. WIN.

8-MOON
Both games Ensnaring Bridge locked my school. He then fried my fish (Anger of the Gods) before planeswalker Chandras took control and won him the game.

SOUL SISTER 
I won both games. Buffed merfolks <three 6/6s and four 5/5s> spearheaded the school just to overcome the things he had gained. 

ESPER CONTROL
Game one: Natural islandwalk for the win! 

Game two: I was expecting a ton of removals from his deck. And that's what happened. He had Path to Exile, Fatal Push, and Snapcaster Mage for the early going. The moment I draw Thassa, God of the Sea, I suddenly shifted my game plan from going aggressive to a defensive one. The scry 1 from the god was so good for it helped me sculpt my hand. Win. 

BG CONTROL 
We only had one game because he got disconnected during the sideboarding. I lost that game because he had removals for my lords, especially when his lone Maelstrom Pulse took care of my Tridents. 

MONO BLUE TRON
Flux Channeler . Filigree Sage . Darksteel Reactor. What are those?  I really have no idea what was going on until he said, "unlimited counters. Then I win." Good one. 


Paeng 4983

No comments:

Post a Comment