Wednesday 22 April 2020

APRIL 2020: MONO BLUE MERFOLK

MONO BLUE MERFOLK

Main deck 
13 Island
4 Mutavault
1 Castle Vantress
1 Oboro Palace in the Clouds

4 Aether Vial
4 Spreading Seas
1 Wipe Away

1 Kira, the Great Glass-Spinner
1 Phantasmal Image
2 Master of Waves
4 Benthic Biomancer
4 Silvergill Adept
4 Merfolk Trickster
4 Harbinger of the Tides
4 Lord of Atlantis
4 Master of the Pearl Trident
4 Merrow Reejerey

Sideboard
4 Relic of Progenitus
3 Deprive
3 Ceremonious Rejection
2 Force of Negation
2 Dismember
1 Venser, Shaper Savant 


21 April 2020
Untap in

Hollow One W
Ponza W
UWr Super Friends Control W
Thopter Combo W


Notes:
Hollow One
Game three: I won the game not because of the lord effects but through out tempoing my opponent via Merfolk Trickerster and Harbinger of the Tide. The Protection from red of Master of Waves was also a big help. I think I sideboarded wrong in this game becase I brought in Relic of Progenituses and it did nothing against it. 

PONZA
Game one: Blood Moon may be successful in shutting down my Mutavault and Castle Vantress but not Spreading Sea (it came a turn after his Moon). I also draw back to back Islands to fuel my momentum to victory. 

Game two: One land keep (Mutavault) with an Aether Vial. Unfortunately, Mutavault got destroyed by Stone Rain and vial by Pillage a turn after. 

Game three: The deck gave me Tricksters, Harbingers, and Phantasmal Image. So I had no choice but to try to out tempo him. And for some reason, it worked! Tricksters turning off his red titan every upkeep was the turning point of the game.  

UWr SUPER FRIENDS CONTROL
Game one: My school had the perfect curve and his defensive cards were just to slow to control my board state. Multiple lord effects for the win. 

Game two: His defensive duo, Path to Exile and Snapcaster Mage, took care of my early threats. Eventually he used Supreme Verdict to bury what was left of my school. I was not able to recover after that.

Game three: The turning point of the game was when he tried to repeat the Supreme Verdict incident. I had a Venser, Shaper Savant ready to deny him of it. And when I got my turn back, I untapped for the turn. Gave Aether Vial its fourth counter. Draw for the turn (Wipe Away). And swing them all putting his life to two points. 

He untapped for the last time. Draw for the turn and wasted no time casting for the same sorcery blue-white mass removal card. I responded with Wipe Away targeting Venser. Returned the blue 2/2 wizard card to may hand. Tapped Aether Vial, asked if vial resolves. He gave a thumbs up. Put Venser on the table. Trigger ability goes to the stack targeting his uncounterable sorcery card. WIN. 

THOPTHER COMBO
Game one: He drew bricks in his last turns. Lords took advantage of his unfortunate situation. 

Game two: I forgot to remove the Spreading Seas. Good thing I did not draw them in this game. My lord effects won the race against his combo. Buff plus natural islandwalks equates to win. This kind of deck does not carry mass removal. So Kira is going to be a house against them. 

This is all for now. Stay safe guys!


Paeng_4983

No comments:

Post a Comment