Friday 17 April 2020

APRIL 2020: IZZET WIZARD PIONEER


17 APRIL 2020
Untap in

BGu Uro W
Mono Green Aggro W
Mono Green Aggro L
Mono Green Aggro W
Slivers W
Spirits W

Notes:
Sideboard: I took out Spell Pierce and Disdainful Stroke and replaced them with two Tormod's Crypts. This is because of the increasing number of Uro in the meta. Main deck is still the same.  

BGu URO
Game one: Five prowess creatures swinging with an Opt and a Wild Slash awaiting to be unleashed from my hand. 

Game two: Grisly Salvage and that satyr fueled his graveyard but I had Tormod's Crypts ready for it. No escape jitsus for Uros. WIN.

MONO GREEN AGGRO
Game three: I threw all my burn spells at his dorks and it slowed his momentum down. I won by swinging three 1/2 porwess creatures, paired with one spell being casted, every turn until to the point that my Wizard Lightnings was able to reach him for the win!

MONO GREEN AGGRO
Game one: A turn two and three fat creatures easily spells him the word VICTORY. 

Game two: I tried to slow him down by killing his dorks but to no vail.  By the time he dropped his fourth land, I was powerless to put a stop on it. 

MONO GREEN AGGRO
Game one: His Mono Green Aggro is build unique. It abuses Wolfwillow Haven aside from the dorks. It also has Nissas planeswalkers. Good thing that my prowess army dealt 18 damages before the Nissas take over. I simply top decked Shock and win the game. 

Game two: I threw my shock spells to his mana dorks. As a result, he only got stuck at two lands. Prowes took advantage. WIN.

SLIVERS
Game one: Opening hand had: 3 one drop prowess creatures, 2 Shocks, and 2 lands. I drew two more burn spells, used them  to keep any sliver blockers at bay.

Game two: By the time he was able to assemble his sliver troops, he was a shock spell away from defeat. I draw Wild Slash in my last turn. WIN

SPIRITS 
Game one: He was down to 4, I opted to kill his spirit with Wizard's Lightning instead of aiming it to his face then pray hard for a top deck burn spell. Until he reestablished board position and won the game.

Game two: I think I should have saved my Mystical Dispute for more important spell because I can kill the 1/3 with Wizard's Lightning. But if you'll look at the other side of the coin, it was a good call countering his 1/3 lord spirit with Dispute because the next spirits that he summoned were all 1/1.

Game three: I had the opportunity to deal a huge amount of damage when I had three 1/2 prowess on the board plus multiple burn spells at hand but I elected not to because (I am sure) that he had Quellers awaiting for my burn spells thus changing the tides of the game. So for three consecutive turns I was just dealing 3 damage. I decided to use the burn spells defensively so that he'll be forced to tap all his resources. Tactic worked, WIN.

This is all for now. Thank you for reading.  

Paeng_4983

No comments:

Post a Comment