Friday 16 July 2021

MODERN: FETCHLESS STORM


MTG Southside 
Modern Discord Event
6 July 2021
 
RD 1 Boros Burn (Win)
RD 2 Izzet Prowess (Win)
RD 3 Jund Death's Shadow (Win)
RD 4 Blue Living End (Win)
RD 5 Yorion Death and Taxes (Loss) 
  
RD 1 Boros Burn
I won both games because of the same reason: the opponent is tapped out. Game one via Grapeshot - Remand - Grapeshot route. While game two via Grapeshot - Past in Flames - recycle some instants and sorceries then ending it with the same Grapeshot. 

RD 2 Izzet Prowess
Game one: at point, the opponent tapped all his lands. And since I am aware that the opponent's seventy-five do not carry a Force of Negation, thanks to open decklist policy, I seized the perfect moment to go off. Gifts Ungiven into me presenting the pile: Desperate Ritual, Pyretic Ritual, Manamorphose, and Past in Flames.  

The opponent won game two because of two reasons: (i) I did not have any answers and (ii) was not able to block his flying prowess creatures, Stormwing Entity and Sprite Dragon. 

Game three is here

RD 3 Jund Death's Shadow
The opponent aggressively used his life points setting up a potential Death's Shadow game ending. But a mob of goblins off an Empty the Warrens turned the tide into my favor. 

I won game two via an Aria of Flame plus a small unit off an Empty the Warrens for four. 

RD 4 Blue Living End
I won game one via Grapeshot - Remand - Grapeshot. I won Game two via Aria of Flame.
  
RD 5 Yorion Death and Taxes
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben and her condition-giving cavalry made it an uphill battle, again, for the home team. 

That will be all for now. Thank you for reading.
Stay safe always!


No comments:

Post a Comment