Tuesday 6 July 2021

MODERN: FETCHLESS STORM


Neutral Grounds Vertis North 
Quezon City
27 June 2021
 
RD 1 Soul Sister (Win)
RD 2 Rakdos Asmora Cookbook (Win)
RD 3 Shardless Rhino (Loss) 
  
RD 1 Soul Sister
I summoned a mob of goblins. He had an Abiding Grace and a Martyr of Sands (four white cards at hand) combo out in his immediate turn. I did a quick mental computation and concluded that the mob cannot beat that life gain combo. So instead of wasting time trying to outrace such, I conceded and offered to go to game three. 

I won game three via Aria of Flame. 
 
RD 2 Rakdos Asmora Cookbook
It was game three and it was my second to the last turn. Our life points were: mine six and his thirteen. My hand: Opt, Aria of Flame, Rebuild, and an Empty the Warrens. And I had the following on my table: Aria of Flame (with five counters) and three lands: Island, Silundi Isle, and Shivan Reef. On the other side of the table, the opponent had a lot of artifacts: food tokens, the cookbook, and a construct token creature with equipment (Shadowspear) on it just waiting for his turn so that it could swing for lethal. 

I had two options. Either (i) play defensively, Rebuild in his turn or (ii) aggressively aim for the win this turn starting with Opt; let Aria of Flame trigger plus let it deals six with high hopes that I will get an instant or sorcery off the Opt. 

Better safe than sorry, so I went with the former. Bounce every artifact the opponent has in his turn. And when I got my turn back, I drew into a Manamorphose. Win.   

RD 3 Shardless Rhino  
The opponent knows what to and when to fire his Force of Negations. The first Force of Negation stopped my Aria of Flame from hitting the table. And the second one was used to deny my Echoing Truth from bouncing the rhino tokens.


MTG SOUTHSIDE
Modern Discord Event
28 June 2021

RD 1 UR Prowess (Win)
RD 2 Bring to Light Deck (Win) 
RD 3 Esper Control (Win)
RD 4 Affinity (Win)
RD 5 Yorion DnT (Lost)
 
RD 1 UR Prowess 
Game three: I summoned a mob of goblins by turn four. But the opponent's Kozilek Return took care of them in his turn. I topdecked a land, ritual, and Past in Flames in succeeding turns and ended the turn with another mob of goblin tokens. This time, the opponent had no answer. Won in two swings.  

RD 2 Bring to Light Deck
I won both games. Game one through Gifts Ungiven ending it with Grapeshot. And in game two, I used his instant spells to fuel my Empty the Warrens's storm.

RD 3 Esper Control 
I recorded games one and three. I forgot to hit the record button during game two so I have no upload of it. Here is the video of our game three. Enjoy.       

RD 4 Affinity 
Rain started pouring moderately and was non-stop for fifteen to twenty minutes. This caused repeated fitful internet connections. And one of the unfortunate intermittent moments in game three happened when I was about to cast Rebuild at the end of his turn. Then went off unmolested in my turn. I hate losing internet connection at the crucial point of a game.

RD 5 Yorion DnT
My Lands were nowhere to be found during the rubber match. And to make it worst, Thalia and friends were giving me a ton of conditions before I can do anything. Not to mention, they keep on hitting me for five every turn. 

Here's the seventy-five that I used for both events.       
This is all for now. Stay safe wherever you are! Thank you for reading!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment