Saturday 16 May 2020

MAY 2020: MONO BLUE MERFOLK MODERN

17 May 2020
Untap-in
UWrg with Yorion L
GW Boogles W
ABZAN W


Notes:
UWrg with YORION
Game one: I ran him over with a school of fish with islandwalkers. 

Game two: I keep a 4 land hand, a Cursecatcher, and two lords. I draw three straight lands.
Mystical Dispute is strong versus merfolk. Eventually, he was able to do the soft lock on me, Cryptic Command and Mystic Sanctuary. Then I expected this to end with Uro but, he used Scapeshift into Valakut and Mountains to force a rubber match.

Game three: He did a very job in playing defense by countering my blue cards (Mystical Dispute) and killing them with Lightning Bolts. His Uro played a critical role by giving him six life points and doing extra land drops for the turn. He then blasted me with Scapeshift into Valakuts and Mountains. 

GW BOOGLES
Game one: Since my best defensive duo is sort of useless in this match up, it was a good thing that I added two Force of Negations and a Brazen Borrower into the main deck. I countered his tempo enchant-creatures, Ethereal Armor and Daybreak Coronet. And bounce the second Ethereal Armor. 

Game two: I denied his Slippery Boogle of the following enchancers: Rancor, Ethereal Armor, and  Daybreak Coronet. 

ABZAN
Game one: I had a misplay. I should have had let his Kitchen Finks tapped during the declare attackers step. Then summoned my Merfolk Trickster at the end of his declare attackers step so that it nullifies his Fink's persist ability. It was a very important point of the game because he was able to blink it twice with his Restoration Angel. Thus giving him enough cushion to out tempo my school. 

Game two: With that misplay in mind, I did not let the same mistake happen again. I let his Finks swing. Called trickster. Turned off Fink's persist ability. And win from there. 

Game three: Thassa is a house versus BG decks. WIN.

It's 12:30am here. I am a little sleepy now. Thank you for reading! 

Paeng_4983









No comments:

Post a Comment