Thursday 30 April 2020

MAY 2020: ASCENSION STORM

30 APRIL 2020 to 1 May 2020
Untap.in

Abzan L
UW Control W
Boros Burn with Lurrus W
8-Whack Goblins W
RW Tax W
RW Cycling Deck W
Affinity with Lurrus L
Boros Burn W
Dredge W
Tron W

Notes:
I am back with my 74. The other one piece, is Echoing Truth in the main.

ABZAN
He started three disruptions in both of our games. His Qasali Pridemages were always in time in denying me of an online Ascension.

UW CONTROL
Game one: I go-off by turn four without a bear or an ascension because of two reasons: (A.) I had double Grapeshots in my hand and (B.) opponent is tapped out. 

Unfortunately, my math was wrong. I end up two storm count short putting him down to two life points. 

In my last turn, before draw step I have four blue-red lands on the table and my hand had:  Past in Flames and a Desperate Ritual.  I draw for the turn, Flooded Strand. It's now or never. I casted the ritual first. It resolved. Then tapped one mana into Past in Flames. He tanked for a moment but gave green signal to it after realizing I only have a mana left. After I binned Past in Flames to the graveyard, I dropped my blue-white non-foil onslaught fetch and cracked it for a Steam Vents into Grapeshot for three storm count and aim everything at him for the win.

No game two because he had to go. 

BOROS BURN with LURRUS
Game one: I had no answer to brisk burn spells plus an active Eidolon of the Great Rebel on the table.

Game two: He had no answer to my turn two 13 goblins, 1 2/2 and 12 1/1s. 

Game three: It was my fourth turn, I was down to seven life points and he was still at a healthy 16, I think. He had lands and an eidolon on his table while I had four lands and a bunch of rituals in my hand that I do not want to cast. I draw for the turn, Madcap Experiment. Cast it - revealed a bunch of cards off the library - into an 8/8 robot. It was a slow roll from there. Sculpted my hand into perfection. He had no Path to Exile or Wear/Tear, I go off unmolested and win.  

8-WHACK GOBLINS
Won both game via an online ascension. 

RW TAXES
Game one: He had Blood Moon by third turn. I was lucky to naturally draw an Island. Also in this game that he had a Chalice of the Void set on one. Good thing I have an online Pyromancer Ascension to at least negate the delay the chalice creates. 

Game two: He casted Rest in Peace in his turn two. I summoned Madcap Experiment (turn three) into Platinum Emperion. I thought I have the game until he destroyed it two turns after with Disenchant. Now I have no out but to double Grapeshot him but will not material anymore for he had summoned the Leyline of Sanctity.

Game three: He had turn a zero Leyline of Sanctity and a turn two Rest in Peace. I only had a turn three Empty the Warrens for eight. I win a few swings.

RW CYCLING DECK
Cycling deck is back. I saw the following in his deck: New white cards from Ikoria, the big turtle dinosaur, Yidora, Zirda, the Dawnwaker, Hollow One, and Flourishing Fox. This is a new archetype in modern. Hollow One has a new home now!

AFFINITY with LURRUS
Game one: Lurrus of the Dream-Den the cat with Cranial Plating. Scary!

Game two: I won the game two via an online Ascension.

Game three: He swang bringing my life total to five. Then Sharpnel Blast for the win.

BOROS BURN 
Game one: He won pretty fast. Burn spells ate most of my life points before dropping his red 2/2 storm nuisance leaving me no room for any movement.

Just before game two, he talked trash a little saying something like "I have not lost to storm be it in on paper or here". "That is nice to hear." my reply.

Game two: I had a turn two 14 tokens and won the race in two swings. "That's because you were first. Let's see how good you are when I go first." He suddenly commented on the chat box. I replied, "Okay. Whatever you say. Let's go to game three."

Game three: Bolt spell in his first turn. Canal into Serum was my first turn moves. Two bolt spells in his second turn. I summoned the golden 2/2 goblin for my second turn. 

On his third turn, after his draw phase, there was like 30 seconds to a minute long pause to the point that I thought he got disconnected. "Are you still there?" I asked through the chat box. "Yeah. Yeah I am still here. I am just thinking how many goblins tokens you can make after I drop this without killing yourself." Then summoned Eidolon on the table and passed the turn with all of his mana tapped.

I untapped and draw for the turn then commented on the chatbox, "Lols. That is so sweet of you. Are you ready to count?" I got no reply from him. "I will swing this first for two. Maybe you are interested in killing this." Still, I got no reply. He simply reduced his life points by two (16 to 14). "Alright then, we begin counting. Let me start with this." Then showed him Trickbind targeting Eidolon (my life from 11 to 9) and ended counting at eight with Empty the Warrens as the last spell. "Are you still with me? 16 goblin tokens. Go!" He then raged quit. I forgot to get his name but if ever you are reading this, it was my pleasure serving you your second loss (from the storm). Again, you are welcome.    

DREDGE
Game one: He goes off a turn earlier than me. That Ox is really a gas in that turn.

Game two: He started with a turn zero Leyline of the Void. I had a second turn 14 tokens. I won the race in two swings.

Game three: No turn zero leyline. Pyromancer Ascension went online by third turn. Then summoned twenty-two goblin tokens a turn after. WIN

TRON
Game one: Natural online tron lands by turn three into Karn eating my Ascension. Then turn four Ugin, Karn was still eating. Then five Ulamog, Ugin throws a bolt at me. I never recovered from them. 

Game two: Turn four win with no Ascension or bear. Cantrips, rituals with splice into Past in Flames into recycling those rituals into double Grapeshots, storm 11 and 12 respectively. 

Game three: The game virtually ended on my turn two when I ritual-ed into Blood Moon. His removals never reached his hand in time. A turn after, I summoned ten goblins. I win in two turns. 

Here are the games that either him nor me got disconnected during game one.
BUG Uro
ESPER Control

Thank you for reading. Stay safe guys and always stay at home. 


Paeng 4983

No comments:

Post a Comment