Friday 24 April 2020

APRIL 2020: MONO BLUE MERFOLK

MONO BLUE MERFOLK

Main deck 
13 Island
4 Mutavault
1 Oboro Palace in the Clouds

4 Spreading Seas
1 Wipe Away

1 Kira, the Great Glass-Spinner
1 Phantasmal Image
2 Master of Waves
4 Benthic Biomancer
4 Silvergill Adept
4 Merfolk Trickster
4 Harbinger of the Tides
4 Lord of Atlantis
4 Merrow Reejerey

Sideboard
3 Relic of Progenitus
3 Deprive
3 Ceremonious Rejection
2 Dismember
1 Venser, Shaper Savant 
1 Brazen Borrower / Petty Thief 


24 APRIL 2020
Untap in

GWr Mavericks L
Grixis with Lurrus Companion L
BG Rock W 
Rb Goblin W
Notes: 

GWr MAVERICKS 
Game one: I swing for lethal with islandwalk. He then tapped his Knight of Reliquary into Ghost Quarter into destroying the land the Spreading Seas into block. I lost a lot of creatures and never recovered board state after that. 

Game two: I out tempoed his team with the interaction between Trickster, Reejerey, and Harbinger. 

Game three: Bloodbraid Elf into Path to Exile was the turning point of the game. One less lord means one less muscle for the home team. 

GRIXIS with LURRUS as Companion
He won both games. Spot removals plus Lurrus with recurring Mishra's Bauble from the graveyard paired with Sprite Dragon plus the help from Snapcaster Mage and Mystic Sanctuary doing the recycling job equals a soon to beat deck in modern. Strong deck. 

BG ROCK
I won two games. Spreading Seas opened the gate for my school to swing unmolested during game one. And in game two, Reejerey and Harbinger took care of his potential blockers. And he tried to turn things to his favor by casting Damnation but I had my Deprive sitting there in my hand since I drew m opening seven. 

RB GOBLINS
Game one: I cannot do anything against Goblin Piledriver

Game two: He tried to land Pliedriver again. But Venser was there to deny its entry. I swing for lethal when I got my turn back. 

Game three: The pivotal situation was when he swang all his goblins: Piledriver and six other 1/1 goblins. The game is over from Piledrivers damage but since I had a Mutavault, I can block it. 

Skilledhunter tried to school me that I cannot block his Piledriver with a newly dropped Mutavault from my hand because it violates 302.6 of the Comp Rules stating that Mutavault has summoning sickness and that I should have the it under my control continuously since my most recent turn began. Nice try kid. Nice try. 

This is all for now. I'll probably try some of the new cards from Ikoria. Thank you for reading!

Paeng_4983

No comments:

Post a Comment