Saturday 25 May 2024

LEGACY: BURN


I entered Canada’s MTG scene with a legacy burn deck, might as well end with it. So I decided to join Face to Face Toronto's Legacy FNM. I had to make some adjustments to the deck's 75 because the team is not powered anymore by Conrad. 

Here's the 75. 

FNM @ Face to Face Games
Danforth Avenue, Toronto
24 May 2024

Burn 
Main Deck
7 Mountains
4 Arid Mesa
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Wooded Foothills

4 Goblin Guide
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Eidolon of the Great Revel 

4 Lighting Bolt
4 Chain of Lightning
4 Lava Spike
3 Rift Bolt
4 Skewer the Critics
4 Fireblast
4 Price of Progress
2 Pyrostatic Pillar

Sideboard
2 Sulfuric Vortex 
2 Tormod's Crypt
4 Leyline of Sanctity
3 Searing Blood
4 Roiling Vortex
 

I faced the following
RD 1 Goblins 2-1
RD 2 Mono Black 2-0
RD 3 UB Reanimator 1-2
RD 4 GW Maverick 2-0

Here are some of the things that I can still recall.

vs Goblins
I beat both Chalice of the Void (for one) and a Trinisphere. I had a situation wherein the opponent Furried my mini red army. I should have fired my Searing Blood at it in response to Furry’s evoke trigger. Then let it die him receiving three point of damage from Searing Blood's late effect. 

Price of Progress was the MVP in many games.

Mono Black did not expect Leyline of Sanctity from a mono-red deck. A lot of dead cards were in his opening seven. 

vs UB Reanimator
Force of Will denied my turn one Swiftspear. 

In my last upkeep, our life point total respectively were (mine) 2 and (him) 3. I know he has a Daze, a Force of Will, and two more blue cards in his hand. And on his table were three tapped lands and an open Underground Sea. While on my table I had a Roiling Vortex and six mountains. 

We both know that he cannot use his counterspells’ alternate casting cost at that point due to Roiling Vortex’ presence. All I needed was to top deck any bolt spell. I drew Tormod’s Crypt. GG. 

Thank you 416 for these good and fun core memories! Until we meet again! 💓

This is all for now folks! Thank you for reading. 





No comments:

Post a Comment