Monday 11 July 2022

MODERN: EIGHT RACKS


On 2 July 2022, I went to Madcap's Saturday modern gaming with 8-Racks as my weapon of choice. But just after I finished round two, I received a call that left me no choice but to drop from the roll and attend to a much more important matter. 

Here are the important 8-Racks lessons I learned from that two games. 

Discard plus spot removals are not enough to deal with an aggro based deck. I think Ensnaring Bridge and/or Bontu's Last Reckoning are/is, much better if it is Damnation but I do not own one at the moment, a must in the sixty. 

Use Thoughtsieze and Inquisition of Kozilek wisely. I had this situation where I use Thoughtseize first and saw two threats. One card has two to cast and the other at four. I discarded the two to cast card. In my next turn, Inquisition of Kozilek. Bad decision there, I guess so?

Urza's Sage cannot fetch Executioner's Capsule. And speaking of Urza's Saga fetching 1 mana cost artifact, is Elixir of Immortality a good addition? Five life points is a good thing. Plus it can be fetched again by the next Urza Saga ability. The bad thing is you'll have no graveyard which Raven's Crime does not want you to have. 

The Rack right now hits the table faster than before. 

Given today's meta, I think Smallpox is not a good card right now. Maybe I said this because I do not run any Flagstone of Trokair. 

Hopefully, I'll do better in my next event with 8-Racks. 

This is all for now. Thank you for reading. 

Paeng

No comments:

Post a Comment