Sunday 27 March 2022

MODERN: GW BOGLES

GW BOGLES
Magus Games 
Cebu City 
27 March 2022

RD 1 UR Murktide Monkey DRC (loss)
RD 2 UW Yorion Control (loss)
RD 3 UR Monkey DRC (win)
RD 4 Creativity (loss)


This was my first time to use GW Bogles in a paper MTG event. And it was a disaster for I committed a lot of errors. Here are some that I can recall.

Majority of us will not keep a one-land hand, especially in a rubber match situation. Well, I decided to keep some, not just once, but multiple times. I've been keeping one land handers with storm, so why not do the same here. Guess what, it did not pay well.  If I had six cases of one-land hand, probably I lost all but one. Moral lesson: there's no cantrip to fix the top of your library. 

Fetching basic land off a second fetch land drop (first if my first land drop was a GW land). You'll never now when exactly you'll need those colors, so better fetch Temple Garden first. Do not mind the loss of life points, Daybreak Coronet and/or Spirit Link got you covered. 

Speaking of Daybreak Coronet, I always tap the attacking the creature it enchants. Yeah. Multiple. Fking times. There were even a crucial scenarios in which a block from it would have had altered the result of the round into my favor. But alas! I forgot my creature has vigilance. Very nice. 

Also, I had game one experiences where I kept a hand where Kor Spiritdancer was the only creature in my hand. Yes it allows you to draw for every aura I cast. But it needs to stick on the table before I can enjoy its fruits.

Never summon Kor Spiritdancer on your turn two.  

I'll do better in my next GW Bogles gaming. 

Thank you for reading! Stay safe wherever you are!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment