Wednesday 22 December 2021

LEGACY: LANDLESS BELCHER


Kick Engines 
Cubao Expo, Cubao
Holiday Legacy event 
 
Belcher
Paeng_Paeng

Main deck
4 Goblin Charbelcher 
4 Burning Wish
3 Empty the Warrens
4 Rite of Flame
4 Desperate Ritual
4 Pyretic Ritual 
3 Seething Song
4 Manamorphose
4 Strike it Rich 
4 Lion's Eye Diamond
4 Lotus Petal
4 Chrome Mox (1 proxy)
2 Mox Opal
4 Tinder Wall
4 Elvish Spirit Guide
4 Simian Spirit Guide 

Sideboard
4 Veil of Summer
2 Xantid Swarm
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Empty the Warrens
1 Grapeshot
1 Infernal Tutor
1 Echo of Eons
1 Goblin War Strike
1 Pyroclasm
1 Shattering Spree
1 Telamin Performance

RD 1 Lands (win)
RD 2 Yorion DnT (win)
RD 3 Yorion DnT (loss)
RD 4 4c Uro (loss)
RD 5 Death's Shadow (win)    
 
Q Yorion DnT (win)
S 12-Post (loss)


  
RD 1 vs Lands
Game one: I kept a hand that can call a mob of ten goblins. But Manamorphose had another plan because it gave me Goblin Charbelcher. Activated it two turns after, win.

Game two: I was lucky in this game because the opponent forgot to include Glacial Chasm in his seventy-five. It could have been his MVP in this round. I had no answer to it. Lucky me!
 
RD 2 vs Yorion DnT
Game one: I mulled one-less. Our first turns, him: Plains into Mother of Runes. Mine: Empty the Warrens for ten. No Batterskull came to his aid, won the race.

Game two: Opponent's drops be like, turn one Deafening Silence. Turn two Spirit of the Labyrinth. Turn three Recruiter of the Guard into Sanctum Prelate. Next turn Sanctum calling "four".  

Game three: My second to the last spell with floating seven red mana was Goblin Charbelcher. It met a Mindbreak Trap. Then Burning Wish into Empty the Warrens for eighteen goblin tokens. Win.  

RD 3 vs Yorion DnT 
Game one: I've been playing Belcher for years, if not a decade, and yet committed an unforgivable error. Wish grabbed Echo of Eons from the fifteen. Cracked Lion's Eye Diamond into flashbacked Eons in front of his Spirit of Labyrinth. I died a slow death from there. 

Game two: Mulled to six cards. Turn one Belcher. No Mindbreak Trap at sight - win.  

Game three: The opponent mulled to five cards while I kept a solid seven good enough to call ten, maybe up to twelve or fourteen depending on my draw/s, goblins on my first turn. The opponent opened the game with a Plains into Deafening Silence. I died another slow death there. 

RD 4 vs 4c Uro
Game one: Empty the Warrens for five. It met a Flusterstorm. Never recovered after that. Uro eventually won him the game.

Game two: "May the Force be with you." Force of Will and Force of Negation were with him.   

RD 5 vs Death's Shadow
Game three: Mulled one-less card and summoned the mob on my turn one. The Opponent had no answer and was not able to outrace the mob. Win. 

Q vs Yorion Death and Taxes
I only worry about three things: Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Deafening Silence and Mindbreak Trap. So here's what I did. Turn one, Chrome Mox (exiling Manamorphose) into Tinder Wall - pass. The opponent's turn one: Plains into Deafening Silence. 

My turn two: brought down Goblin Charbelcher onto the table from hand. Cracked Tinder Wall for two red mana. Tapped Chrome Mox for another red mana. And discarded an Elvish Spirit Guide for green then pass the turn. Summoned a Lion'sEye Diamond on my third turn. Paid Thalia's tax with Chrome Mox. Win.  

Semis vs 12-Post
I mulled to five in our last game. A five-card hand that can call Goblin Charbelcher if I topdeck any of my artifact mana producing, except Lion's Eye Diamond. And pray that I'll activate it in a turn or turn after.

Unfortunately, he went first and opened the game with Forest into Pithing Needle naming Goblin Charbelcher. Empty the Warrens nor Burning Wish never reached my hand in time. 
 
Thank you for reading! Always stay safe wherever you are.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment