Tuesday 30 June 2020

JULY 2020: MONO BLUE MERFOLK

30 June 2020
MTGO Modern Preliminary 

Bloom Titan W
Grix Death Shadow W
Tron Colorless W
Mono G Tron W
Dredge W

Decklist.



Notes:
BLOOM TITAN
If my memory serves me right, I faced this archetype three times so far on MTGO. Zero wins and three losses. Converting it into games: zero wins and six losses. That's how bad it is. So the moment he did a land drop in his turn one (game one), I expected an uphill battle. I won game one because I was able to slow down his progress through three Merfolk Tricksters and a Dismember. 

Counter spells, Deprives and Spell Pierces, set the tone during game two. Spreading Seas, Merfolk Tricksters and Reejerey's trigger played big roles, after I ran out of blue instant cards, in trying to slow down his progress. And finally two lords, a summoned Trident and a vialed Atlantis, gave the last push needed to snatch my first victory not just against a Bloom Titan but also in the MTGO Modern Preliminary event. 

GRIX DEATH SHADOW
The game went to a rubber match but my school's comes into play trigger abilities from Tricksters and Harbinger plus the lord effects (+1 and islandwalks) prevailed against his spot removals and Plague Engineer. 

TRON COLORLESS
Spreading Seas denied him of having an online tron lands in both games. Damping Sphere also played a big part during game two. 

MONO GREEN TRON
Game one: No online tron lands thanks to two Spreading Seases. Game two: Countered his two Sylvan Scryings before dropping Damping Matrix thus denying him of his maps and eggs. WIN.

DREDGE
Game one: Lord effects was able to out race his zombies. So lucky there, really. Game two: I had a solid opening seven: 5 Islands, 1 Grafdigger's Cage and 1 Relic of Progenitus. Then Ashiok managed to reached my hand like 2 or three turns after. WIN. 

This is all for now. Thank you for reading. 

Paeng_4983

No comments:

Post a Comment