Sunday 31 May 2020

MAY 2020: MONO BLUE MERFOLK MODERN

31 MAY 2020
Untap.in

As Foretold Balance Deck W 
GW Collected Company L
Mono Black Vampires W
Jeskai W
UB Tempo W

Notes

AS FORETOLD BALANCE DECK 
Game 1: I think my key play against this deck during game one was when I countered the deck's main engine, As Foretold, with a Force of Negation. I won the game through a bunch of bear merfolks plus lord effects eventually won me the game. 

Game two: I lost game two because he had another As Foretold card after I countered his first. As Foretold into Restore Balance, respond to its resolution sac all permanents to his Greater Gargadon. I concede immediately because I know what lies ahead . 

Game three: I played in a very defensive manner for I know he can go off any time after turn three. So instead of being the aggressor, I was contented with Cursecatcher and a Merfolk Trickster doing three damages at a time. And by the time I reached four lands, hand with two Deprives and a Force of Negation as back-up, it was at this time that I decided to summoned a lord to help the duo hasten things up. My tactic worked. WIN!

GW COLLECTED COMPANY
I lost in two games. Game one, he had this line of play: Collected Company into two Stoneforge Mystic fetching Batterskull and Sword of Fire and Ice. He then played both next turn and equipped the sword to germ. The same thing happened in game two, but with Giver of Runes protecting his germ.

MONO BLACK VAMPIRES
I lost game one because he out tempoed my school. Gatekeeper of Malakir, Stromkirk Condemned, Fatal Push, Vampire Nocturnus, and Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord were the cards I can recall him using. I also had a misplay (sort of) during game one. I tapped Aether Vial (which had two counters on it) and bring down a Lord of the Atlantis without asking him. He immediately interrupted me that he wishes to respond to the artifact's ability. So I rewind a little until to the point of the tapping of the Aether Vial.

Games two and three, I played tight merfolk gaming. My defensive duo (Merfolk Trickster, and Harbinger of the Tides) led the school to victories! Picture below was taken when he tried to swing for the win. I bounced the biggest, Cordial Vampire. Scry for two at the end of his turn. Found a lord. Draw it for the turn. Vial it in. Swing for the win.

JESKAI
I have no idea what kind of URW he was on. Unfortunately, we had no game two because he had to go. Here is the video of our game one. 

UB TEMPO
I think he was drawing bricks in both of our games. I never saw a lot of cards from him other than these: Island, Watery Grave, SpellStutter Sprites, Drown in the Loch, and Fatal Push

This is all for now. Thank you for reading! Stay safe everyone!

PAENG_4983

No comments:

Post a Comment