Sunday 5 January 2020

JANUARY 2020: MONO RED PROWESS MODERN

The main deck is still the same. As for the sideboard, I lessen the number of Bonecrusher Giant by one and turned it into a Skullcrack.


Pacita T.P. 
Pacita, Laguna
4 January 2020

UR Storm 1-2
Naya Burn 2-1
Living End 1-2
Paradoxial Urza Combo 2-1

Notes:
Land problems. There were games that I drew consecutive lands. There were games that I decided to keep a one lander, but after like three turns, I instantly regret keeping it. The reason I kept a one lander is because my hand consisted of one drops or casting cost spells.

I think the highlights of this tournament report are: (i) when the Paradoxial Urza Combo player top decked the Paradoxial card after he presented his deck for cutting from a fetch land action. Unfortunately, he did not draw the cards he needed to sustain his momentum. And (ii) Kiln Fiend went berserk (13/2) by turn three (or four it was).

Thank you for reading! I hope to see you in the upcoming modern and/ or pioneer tournaments!

Paeng 4983

No comments:

Post a Comment