Monday 27 January 2020

JANUARY 2020: MODERN NAYA BURN



REGRAN MAJORS
Regran Hobbies
26 January 2020

Match-ups:
Boros Burn 2-1
Dredge 0-2
Grix DS 1-2
UW Control 1-2

Notes:
I committed a missequence during the Grix DS game. I should have casted Skullcrack at the end of his turn then casted both Atara's Command and Lightning Bolt in my turn. 

Also in the same game, despite fetching three times and cantriping off the Relic of Progenitus's ability, unfortunately, I drew into six (or seven) consecutive lands. 

UW control opponent was down to three life points when I also drew into consecutive lands, four. By the time I started drawing bolt spells, it was too late because he already had enough counter spells and Snapcaster Mages for my fire spells. 

Versus Dredge, it was my second turn. I was holding a Skullcrack together with a Lava Spike and a Swiftspear. I thought his chills will not show up on his second turn. So I went swiftspear - spike -swing then pass the turn. But I was wrong. His chills did appear, not just one but two chills. 


I dropped from the roll after absorbing my third defeat of the day. 

Paeng 4983


No comments:

Post a Comment