Sunday 10 February 2019

FEBRUARY 2019: BOROS BURN

Skewer the Critics is one of the reasons why I sleeved modern boros burn deck for Regran's January 27th modern tournament. Though I had a disappointing stint from the event, my happiness towards the new red sorcery card did not just end there. 

So I still sleeved boros burn for the next Regran modern tournament - with a little adjustment in the sideboard. 



Regran Open (Modern)
Quezon City
10 Feb 2019

Boros Burn
Main deck
4 Skewer the Critics
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Lava Spike
4 Rift Bolt
4 Skullcrack
3 Searing Blaze
4 Boros Charm
2 Lightning Helix
4 Eidolon of the Great  Revel
4 Goblin Guide
4 Monastery Swiftspear
3 Mountains
4 Inspiring Vantage 
8 red fetches

Sideboard
3 Path to Exile
2 Celestial Purge 
2 Ensnaring Bridge
2 Leyline of Sanctity
2 Rest in Peace
1 Graftdigger's Cage
1 Combust

Match-ups
UR Phoenix 2-0
Tron 2-1
UR Phoenix 2-1
Scapeshift-Prime time 2-1
UR Storm ID
UR Storm ID

(4-0-2)  (8-3)



Notes
My third top 8 finish out of the last four Regran Open Modern Tournament. 

Torpor Orb > Obstinate Baloth and friends. 

Eidolon of the Great Revel was amazing all day long  because it approximately inflicted six to eight damages each time it is on the table. I cannot imagine a burn deck without these creature enchantments in its sixty. 

I will probably remove those Celestial Purges in my fifteen because (I think) PTEs, RIPs, and Bridges are enough cards when going up against team Phoenix decks. I will replace them with either Wear // Tear or Smash to Smithereens because I had this one game vs UR Phoenix (game two of round three) that he had this Dragon's Claw and it irked me a lot because that gave him enough life cushions to send the game in a rubber match. 

This is all for now. Thank you for reading!

PAENG PAENG
12345678910

No comments:

Post a Comment