Saturday 30 December 2017

DECEMBER 2017: MONO BLUE MERFOLK Modern

On 23 December 2017, Gatecrasher Anonas announced that they are having their modern year end on December 30th. double check my calendar for any appointments and found none, so far. GREAT! Finally after missing a handful of big modern tournaments lately, I'll finally get to play in one before the year ends. Originally, I planned to bring UR Storm. Unfortunately, holiday errands did not permitted me to even sleeved my beloved deck. So it left me no choice but to go at the event with my school of fish. I ran an almost the same main deck build from my last outing except for the following:

Main deck
-1 Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
-1 Cavern of Souls
+2 Islands


As for the sideboard, here: 2 Dispel, 2 Negate, 2 Disdainful Stroke, 1 Echoing Truth, 1 Grafdigger's Cage, 3 Ceremonious Rejection, 1 Hurkyl's Recall, and 3 Relic of Progenitus. And for my match-ups, here they are. 

30 December 2017
Gatecrasher Anonas' Year End Modern Tournament

RD 1 Naya burn 2-1
RD 2 BG Elves 1-2 
RD 3 BGr DS 2-0
RD 4 Boros Burn 2-1
RD 5 UR Storm 0-2
RD 6 UR Storm 2-0
(4-2)   (9-6)

Before ending my last post for 2017, for those who are planning to get into the merfolk deck, here are some of my highly recommended videos: The professor, sideboarding guide for mono blue, and sideboarding guide for blue-green.

Thank you for reading!   
HAPPY and have a safe NEW YEAR GUYS!

-Paeng4983

No comments:

Post a Comment