Saturday 2 September 2017

SEPTEMBER 2017: FATAL PUSH


August 2017 is now in the books. The month also marked as my first month with Naya Revolt deck. I played the deck in various small tournaments around the Metro and I am very happy with it because aside from a turn two 8 to 16 combat damages, it also won me some nice cards like reprinted versions of Sacred Foundry, Hallowed Fountain and Flooded Strands.

September 2017 is going to be a promising one for modern players. Aside from the already scheduled modern PPTQ tournaments and those PR-pass giving weekly modern tournaments, some of our favorite MTG shops have declared their respective support by giving away fetches, shock lands and other modern staples to their tournaments. Here's what I have (for the first two weeks of the month) just in case you are looking for them.

September 2017
01 - Modern FNM - FQ, Kick Engines, MDP and OHS
01 - Budget meal modern tourney - Urban Legend
02 - Kick Engines (Verdant Catacomb at stake)
02 - Madcap's Modern League
02 - PPTQ at Wabshaq
03 -  PPTQ at NG District Imus
07 - Lunch and after office Thursday modern pods at The Block 101
08 - Modern FNM - MDP and OHS
09 - Monthly Modern at OHS (set Polluted Delta at stake)
09 - Madcap's Modern League
10 - PPTQ at NG Cash and Carry
10 - Modern Series 6/8 hosted by The Block 101

Let me end my first September post with a brief tournament report with my Mono White Enchantment deck from MDP's FNM (September 1).

Affinity 1-2
URW Control 0-2
Zoo 0-2

Even though I did not win a single round from this three rounder contest, I still managed to 'win' that foil FNM Fatal Push card promo thanks to MDP's D20 roll raffle.  

I hope to see you around from any of those modern tournaments mentioned above.
Thanks for reading!

-Paeng 4983


No comments:

Post a Comment