Tuesday 8 March 2016

March: unable to count to 20 with Red & Blue (modern)

January and February 2016 yielded positive results for UR Pyromancer Storm. Let me check if it will give the same result for this month. Let me begin my hunt on the first FNM of March 2016.

FNM at Neutral Grounds
Glorietta, Makati
March 4th

Two of the ten registered players were my teammates. Sadly, I got paired against one of them.

RD 1 DnT
I knew what he is on, and I am pretty sure he does the same. I lose miserably because he had all the necessary hatebears (Dryad Militant, Thalia GoT and Leonin Arbiter) on his table to make my storm life unlivable. I wish him luck for the remaining games. 

out: 1 Thought Scour, 2 Faithless Looting, 1 Past in Flames, 1 Pyromancer Ascension, 1 Gitaxian Probe
in: 4 Lightning Bolt, 2 Echoing Truth  

0-1   (0-2)

RD 2 Eldrazi
My lone win came at the expense of the eldrazi. Game one, a turn five win thanks to an online Pyromancer Ascension. Game two, a turn three win thanks to that discount giving goblin.

out: 1 Thought Scour, 1 Faithless Looting, 1 Gitaxian Probe
in: 3 Blood Moon

1-1   (2-2)

RD 3 Jund
The game went in a deciding one in which he won by shredding my hand with disruptions and his Scavenging Ooze ate all the key cards in the graveyard. 

out: 1 Thought Scour, 2 Faithless Looting, 1 Past in Flames, 1 Pyromancer Ascension, 1 Gitaxian Probe
in: 3 Empty the Warrens, 3 Blood Moon

1-2   (3-4)

RD 4 Eight Racks
I lose this one as well. Too much disrupt spells plus multiple copies of the The Rack were enough to hand me my third loss of the night.

1-3   (3-6)

out: 1 Thought Scour, 1 Faithless Looting,
in: 2 Echoing Truth

A very bad day for my ace troop. As my friends say it, this experience is also called MTG Donation.
Php 200, you will surely be missed!

I'll try to do better in my next modern contest.
See you guys in the following modern tournaments this March.

March 12
GPT Modern
Madcap, San Pedro, Laguna

March 13
Regran Open
Regran Hobby Shop, Quezon City

March 19
The Last PC
Madcap, San Pedro, Laguna

-Paeng Paeng

No comments:

Post a Comment