Tuesday 26 July 2022

MODERN: UNSTORM

MTGO Modern League
27 July 2022


RD 1 vs Calibrated Blast deck
I got flooded in this round in both games. 

RD 2 vs Amulet Titan
No lands this time. Both games. Game one I kept a one-land hand (a fetchland) with three cantrips. Game two, I kept a-two-hand with two cantrips. No lands came in both of those games.

RD 3 vs UW Hammer
The game went smoothly this time. Thrown every bolt spell I have to his creatures. An online Pyromancer Ascension plus Aria of Flame won me the game.

RD 4 vs UW Hammer
Laptop suddenly decided to move slowly at this precise moment: I cast Manamorphose. *then the laptop decided to think. Like it has a mind of its own playing MTGO. As a result, I double-clicked on the white mana. Laptop be like, "Oh you want double white? As you wish, sir." FcKiNG laptop. Double white cannot cast Lightning Helix. After that misfortune, the opponent's 2/2 creature got to hold two hammers before dealing damage step.  

RD 5 vs Living End
This time the deck did not flood or drought on lands nor went slow. I just did not have the tools to beat Living End. 

I am not happy with this turnaround. Not because of the 1-4 win-loss mark, but because of those three unlucky games (rounds one, two, and four). Especially the first two games, flooded with lands and land drought in the immediate round after. *sigh* I cannot fully conclude if Unstorm is good or not in the meta. 

Anyways, I might try the deck again. Hopefully, I'll have a better standings. 

Thanks for reading. 

Paeng_4983 

No comments:

Post a Comment