Tuesday 2 August 2022

MODERN: MONO BLUE MERFOLK

MTGO Modern League
Mono Blue Merfolk
1 to 2 August 2022


RD 1  Living End W
RD 2 8-Racks W
RD 3 Titan Wish L
RD 4 Mono White Hammer L
RD 5 Spy Vengevine L

RD 1 vs. Living End
Game one is here.
Game two is here
I had an alph the a strike at 03:20 mark in game two, but I did not go for it because of my defensive instinct tells me that the opponent has an instant cascade spell into another Living End. So I simply took the safer route. 

RD 2 vs. 8-Racks
I was unable to do the recording of this game because I did this on another laptop. And that laptop does not have any Xbox recording software on it.

Game one: The opponent had a ton of one-drop discard spells but had no spot or mass removals for my school. Svyelun of Sea and Sky plus Mutavault and Tide Shaper anchored the team to victory.

Game two: Subtlety and Tide Shaper took care of the opponent's early tempo plays. Kira, the Great-Glass Spinner and Svyelun Sea and Sky protected the school from spot removals. 

RD 3 vs Titan Wish 
Game three: 14 minutes left in my clock. Then the phone rings. I took the call. And because of it, I lost 8 mins. FCK! Then committed three errors. 

I do not think Spreading Seas plan is a good plan against them. 

RD 4 vs. Mono White Hammer
I lost in two games. Bad decision. I shouldn't have tappout. Inkmonth Nexus + hammer killed me. 

RD 5 vs Spy Vengevine
Game one: Situation: Spy on the stack. My hand had: 1 Force, 1 Adept, and 1 Subtlety. I pitched Force. He cast Pact of Negation to my Subtlety. Misjudgment on my end. 

Game two: I had no hate. I had no Force. I had no Subtlety. I thought lords can outrace. I was wrong. 

I really hate the timing of that call! 

To my frustration, I wasted no time enrolling to another modern league with the same list. 

RD 1 Amulet Titan L
RD 2 UR Murktide L
RD 3 Grix Death's Shadow L
RD 4 GB Yawgmoth w
RD 5 RG Prowess L

RD 1 vs Amulet Titan
Merfolk Trickster's ability was not enough to stop the 2/4 green nymph from giving every land type ability. 

RD 2 vs. UR Murktide
I got out-tempoed. I had seven merfolks. But the opponent had seven spot removals. Not to mention, he had the bird connivining every two turns for value. Also, I committed misclicks. 

RD 3 vs Grix Death's Shadow
Game one: The opponent had a turn one Ragavan. This dictated the tempo of the game. 
Game two: I won game two. 
Game three: Removals. The opposing deck had too many spot removals. I felt like they added more spot removals since July 10th.

RD 4 vs GB Yawgmoth 
Game three: Subtlety and Counterspell saved the day!

RD 5 vs RG Prowess
Game three: Three Monastery Swiftspears's prowess triggers + a Gutshot + Light up the Stage + 2 Manamorphoses + Dragon's Rage Channeler's surveil fixing was too much gas manipulation for the school to handle. 

Not a good day for my school. Moral lesson, do not play with a bad trip mood. That fcking phone call started this all!

Paeng_Paeng

No comments:

Post a Comment