Saturday 23 July 2022

MODERN: MONO BLACK EIGHT RACKS

BALONG'S 
Buting, Pasig City
23 July 2022


7-Racks
Main deck
19 Swamp
4 Urza Saga
1 Castle Locthwain 
4 Thoughtseize 
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Raven's Crime
4 Wrench Mind 
2 Funeral Charm
4 Liliana of the Veil
2 Bloodchief's Thirst
3 Ensnaring Bridge
1 Bontu's Last Reckoning
1 Nihil Spellbomb 
4 The Rack
3 Shrieking Affliction 

Sideboard
2 Go Blank
3 Break the Ice
2 Void Mirror
1 Bontu's Last Reckoning 
3 Leyline of the Void
2 Feed the Swarm
1 Nihil Spellbomb
1 Elixir of Immortality

Match-ups 
RD 1 Boros Burn W
RD 2 UR Murktide W
RD 3 Taking Turns W
RD 4 UG Infect W

RD 1 vs. Boros Burn
Game three: The opponent lost gas when Wrench Mind hit her in my turns two and three. Bontu's Last Reckong took care of the opponent's remaining troop. Urza Saga fetching key cards <Elixir of Immortality (for cushion from down to four life points back to nine life points) and The Rack> won me the game.  

RD 2 vs.  UR Murktide
Game three: Ensnaring Bridge single-handedly took care of the opponent's creatures. Eventually, the Urza Sagas fetched The Racks into his slow and painful death. 

RD 3 vs. Taking Turns
Games one and two: Instead of discarding his counterspells, I opted to discard his engine cards such as Dictate of Kruphix and taking turn spells. Raven's Crime's retrace ability also played a big role in trimming down the opponent's hand. Again, Urza Saga into The Racks won me the game. 

RD 4 vs. UG Infect
I was down to one infect when I top-decked Ensnaring Bridge. My Stronghold artifact card, plus no cards in my hands, denied the opponent's creature the last attack needed. Urza Sagas fetching The Racks won me the game. 

This is all for now. Thank you for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment