Friday 5 August 2022

MODERN: NAYA BURN

MTGO Modern League
3 to 4 Aug 2022


Match-ups 
RD 1 Eldrazi Tron w
RD 2 UR Murktide L
RD 3 UR Murktide L
RD 4 UR Murktide w
RD 5 Mono Red Prowess L

RD 1 Eldrazi Tron
Game one: Turn two Chalice for one caught me off guard. Luck me, most of my next draws were two to cast spells - Boros Charms, Atarka's Commands, Skewer the Critics, and Rift Bolt. 

Game two: Two Monastery Swiftspears plus Lava Spikes and Lightning Bolt dictated the tempo of the game.

RD 2 UR Murktide 
Game one: Eidolon blocked Murktide (thanks to Atarka's Command reach-giving ability) thus giving me one more turn which was enough for me to top deck Boros Charm and seal the game in my favor. 

Game two: I should have fetched for a boros colored shock land and not a gruul colored. This caused me to lose tempo speed because I am unable to summon Sanctifier En-Vec in my second turn. Fury soon single-handedly took care of my team. 

Game three: Archmage Charm, Counterspells, and Spell Pierces protected his red monkey all the way. Then bolt-snap-bolt at the end of my turn for the win. 

*I think in my last land drop, I should have just tapped the fetched shocked land because that two life points mattered in the end. 

RD 3 UR Murktide
Game one: My team got burned by his Unholy Heats and Lightning Bolts. The game ended quickly as soon as his blue dragon hit the table.

Game two: Swiftspear's prowess plus Eidolon's trigger ability won me game two.

Game three: The opponent was in his combat step when MTGO suddenly kicked me (or us both) out and when I get it back up, "MTGO is offline, scheduled for maintenance." Sad. Minutes after I tried logging back in and I got a loss. 

RD 4 URw Murktide
Game one: Two Monastery Swiftspears plus two Atarka's Commands dictated the phase of the game. I aimed my Lightning Bolts at his Ragavan and Dragon Rage Channeler.  

Game two: The opponent fetched for a Hallowed Fountain. White? For what? Teferi? Life-gain shenanigans? Boros Charm protected my one-drop team (Swiftspear and Guides) from the destruction that his Engineered Explosives brings.

RD 5 Mono Red Prowess
Game three: The opponent drew four good cards that fueled his team's offense from those two Light up the Stages. 

This is all for now. Thanks for reading. 

Paeng_Paeng 

No comments:

Post a Comment