Sunday 9 October 2022

MODERN: MONO BLACK FIVE RACKS

ARCANE SOUTH
Pacita, San Pedro, Laguna
8 October 2022

Mono Black Five Racks
Main deck
19 Swamp
4 Urza's Saga
1 Castle Locthwain
2 Funeral Charm
4 Thoughtseize

4 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Raven's Crime
4 Wrench Mind
4 Liliana of the Veil
3 Bloodchief's Thirst 
3 Ensnaring Bridge
1 Bontu's Last Reckoning 
1 Nihil Spellbomb
4 The Rack
1 Shrieking Affliction 
1 Pithing Needle

Sideboard
3 Feed the Swarm
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Bontu's Last Reckoning
4 Leyline of the Void
3 Break the Ice
1 Shatter Assumptions
2 Void Mirror

Match-ups
RD 1 RGU Scapeshift Titan W
RD 2 UW Hammer L
RD 3 Belcher L
RD 4 Affinity L


I committed a lot of errors. 

First. I kept some bad hands. Hands that had three swamps and two Wrench Minds but no one drop discard spell. 

Second. I had a game where I should have cast Wrench Mind to myself. Why? I had an Ensnaring Bridge on the table and the opponent swung his one-powered creature. And summoned two hammers before the combat damage-dealing step. 

This one is actually not an error but I lost the game because The Rack or Shrieking Affliction did not come in time. The opponent's Otawara soon reached his hands. Bounced the Ensnaring Bridge. Then Swing for the win. 

Opening turn Leyline of Sanctity vs a good hand full of discard spells. Feed the Swarm did not get there in time. 

I think I should go back to two Bloodchief's Thirsts. I keep on drawing it in situations I do not want it. Also the land count. I should have sleeved 23 instead of 24. Should Pithing Needle be in the main deck? 

This is all for now folks. Thank you for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment