Saturday 25 April 2020

APRIL 2020: MONO BLUE MERFOLK

MONO BLUE MERFOLK

Main deck 
13 Island
4 Mutavault
1 Castle Vantress
1 Oboro Palace in the Clouds

4 Aether Vial
4 Spreading Seas
1 Wipe Away

1 Phantasmal Image
1 Kira The Great Glass Spinner
2 Master of Waves
4 Benthic Biomancer
4 Merrow Reejerey
4 Merfolk Trickster
4 Harbinger of the Tides
4 Lord of Atlantis
4 Master of the Pearl Trident
4 Silvergill Adept

Sideboard
3 Deprive
3 Relic of Progenitus
3 Ceremonious Rejection
2 Force of Negation
2 Dismember
1 Venser, Shaper Savant 
1 Wipe Away


25-26 APRIL 2020
Untap.in

Boogles W
Thopter Combo W
Grix and RUG Uro W
Mono Black W
Ponsa W
Valakut W

Notes

BOOGLES
Game one: He had a turn zero Leyline of Sanctity. I braced myself for an enchantress gaming until he summoned a Slippery Boogle. My school outraced his team.

Game two: He had a turn three nice curve but ran out of gas. I just have to block with a Benthic his last swing to stop the bleeding and swing everything I've got for the win in my last turn.  

THOPTHER COMBO
Game one: Won via swarm. I never got to see what deck is on. All I can recall was Astro, Emry, Bauble, and Mox. 

Game two: He had Pithing Needle on Mutavault and vial. Plus Engineered Explosives controlled the school's population. He won through the Thopter combo. 

Game three: He got stuck at two Islands. Islandwalkers took advantage of the situation. 

GRIX and RUG URO
I won by a mile against his Grix (game one). So I sideboarded for game two but he changed his deck into RUG Uro astro. Eventually he had a loop defense (Emry and EE) and keep on talking that I just concede and there's no way that I can beat that. Until Master of Waves (protection from red) and Mutavault silenced him. 

If ever you'll get to read this, HENRYYYP from untap.in, you are right. Your decks are tier one. No doubt about that. But it needs a tier one pilot in order for it to soar high as an eagle. And you are not. Heed my words: improve on your skills.

MONO BLACK 
Game three: He had a ton of spot removals. But I have the tandem of Kira and Spreading Seas. And from there islandwalkers took over. Wipe Away and Venser are there in case for Bridges. WIN.

PONSA
Game one: He had a slow start. Two Mutavaults and two lords won me the race. 

Game two: Blood Moon was useless against my 4 Islands and a vial. 

VALAKUT
Game one: Trickster on his Titan. Reejerey's ability to tap any blockers. And when Spreading Seas hits the table, swing for the win. 

Game two: I was not expecting Karn into Bridge maneuver from him. I had no answer to it. 

Game three: I brought in Venser and Wipe Away. Second turn Seas on his Valakut. Karn reappeared again for this game and fetched Bridge. Wipe Away it at the end the turn it came. WIN. 

This is all for know. Stay safe guys!

Paeng_4983 


No comments:

Post a Comment